All because two people fell in love...

All because two people fell in love...

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My friend Catherine

I don't think I have ever known someone that people would call free-spirited.... but I am pretty sure that is EXACTLY what my friend Catherine is.

I went and ate lunch with her on Sunday (Feb. 27th) and got all caught up on her life. So I guess I will start at the beginning and end where we picked up this weekend. Pretty much after she finished college, she was in her hometown of Austin, TX for maybe a couple of years, if that. Then she headed to travel all around South America. That to me is amazing in itself! But I guess it just wasn't enough. She ended up getting a job there (not sure exactly where...) and was there for quite some time... Maybe 6-12 months. After that, she headed back to Austin. But if you haven't already guessed, that didn't last long. Next thing I knew, she was in San Diego, California... where she got a job and was there for a while....

This is where we picked up on Sunday. She has been back in Texas for about three weeks now... and actually TODAY she is headed to England for a MONTH!!!! She is actually going to visit a boy she met in Brazil! How awesome is that!!!!! I kept asking her what she will do when she gets back, job and life wise... and her answer, "I'll figure it out when I get back!"

I definitely live vicaiously through her. I wish we could just pick up and go to Englad for a month.... Thanks Catherine for being a great friend and letting me life my travel life through you!

Did I mention what I have done since I graduated college.... went to school for teaching (which I will probably never do... not for me), got married, moved three times, and now have a job! Quite boring in Catherine's eyes! She did all the talking on Sunday.... not me and my normal life!!!

No comments: