All because two people fell in love...

All because two people fell in love...

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Babe, I think I might be pregnant....

For some of you, this might be too much information, but some of you want to hear the story so here goes!!!!


I went to the doctor for my annual check up at the end of January, I think it was January 28th, and when I went, I was on my period. I had stopped taking my birth control (because I hated taking it everyday and forgot most days..) pretty much at the beginning of the year. So after I had my period at the end of January, I didn't have it within the next month and a half and I got a little concerned. Austin assured me that it was just because I wasn't taking my pill anymore. Finally, on Friday March 11th, I started bleeding and was thinking, well I guess I just started my period. Well after I first spotted it, I didn't bleed on Saturday or Sunday. Then on Monday I saw a little more blood. I thought it was really wierd. So finally on Tuesday, I decided that I was spotting and thought, well I have one more pregnancy test sitting around so I guess I'll take it when I get home. And when I did, it said pregnant... FREAK OUT! Austin was expected home soon after I got home and was coming in the delivery van from work and we were going to Round Rock to pick up some paint for the next day. When he got home, I said "I have to show you something..." and when I picked up the test, I said " I think I might be pregnant!"




He suggested we go get some more tests, so we went to the store and I bought three more boxes of tests!!!!! haha I am sure the lady the checked me out thought I was a nutcase... oh well! So that same night, I took three more tests and they all said pregnant. By this time I was pretty sure that I was pregnant! I immediately got online and they said spotting usually occurs about two months after you get pregnant, so I figured I was about that far along! That next night, Wednesday night, I ended up taking two more tests and again they both said pregnant! So I called the doctors office and said I needed to schedule an appointment. Of course they were confused because I had just had my annual, and I told them I thought I was pregnant! After many congrats, I got an appointment for not that Friday, but the next.... LONGEST WEEK AND TWO DAYS EVER!!!!! But of course at that appointment, which Austin went with me, they told us I was about 8 weeks pregnant and we got our first sonogram of our little baby!!!


I am so excited about this journey, and we will be having a baby on or around November 3rd!

1 comment:

Mary Beth and Travis said...

YAY!! What an exciting surprise!!!