All because two people fell in love...

All because two people fell in love...

Friday, October 16, 2009

Cooking up a storm....

I have been trying some of my recipes that I got from my kitchen shower and so far they are working out pretty good!!! So far I have made King Ranch Chicken and I got that recipe from Gram!!! Thanks Gram for the great recipe!!!! Austin loved it and has been taking it for lunch the past couple of days!! We are also going to work on some variations to the recipe like the onions... gross! Austin loves them and I hate them, so it was an experience for me to pick out the onions!

The second recipe that I tried for the first time was Auntie Marilyn's brownies... no one can make them like her, but I did my best! Austin said they were good; so I'll take his word on it... haha He took a bunch to work today; I hope he shares them with his co-workers! Yesterday was just a crazy day while trying to make the brownies perfect. We had a bug guy come spray the house and he said after 45 minutes it would be dry and so I figured that it would be ok for Mia to be around it after the 45 minutes. She ended up getting really sick and it scared me to death! I start calling Austin and my mom.... it was bad, but she is much better today. We still arent quite sure what made her sick, but we are both betting on it was the spray.. poor Mia! And of course, momma takes care of her, sits on the floor with her... and then the second daddy gets home, she is brand new like she wasn't even sick.... wanting to play fetch and play rough with daddy..... it was a little frustrating, but I was glad she was better!

1 comment:

marilyn said...

You are now the new brownie queen!!! You rock!