All because two people fell in love...

All because two people fell in love...

Monday, August 23, 2010

Trip to the ER..

So, Yesterday morning around 6:30 I got up to use the bathroom. When I got back into bed, about 5 minutes later as I tried to move, I was in so much pain. I couldn't move my arms or head with out it KILLING my back and neck. I laid there for about 30 minutes just thinking maybe it was a catch in my back, which I get often, but when it didn't go away... I got scared. Finally I woke Austin up in tears and told him what was going on. We layed there in bed while he comforted me that I was going to be ok. I was for sure that I was becoming paralized.... I had tingling in my arms and I just knew they were going to be the first to go!

After about an hour after the pain first started, we called a registered nurse through our insurance and talked to her. She just recomended Advil and ice. She also though we should call our doctor, but it being Sunday... no one was working. We ended up calling the on-call doctor that works at the same office as ours. He said the same things as the registered nurse. He said if the pain didn't go away, that we should go to the ER. After about 3 hours of pain and not being able to move much, to the ER we went. The doctor there said it was severe muscle spasms. I have had muscle spasms before... and they didn't feel ANYTHING like what I felt yesterday.

Today, I am doing ok. I am taking a couple of days off of work to see how I am doing. I am just really sore and stiff today. I can get up and move around but I feel some pain. It is tolerable though.

Just wanted to keep everyone updated!

Hope I get to feeling much better soon!

No comments: