All because two people fell in love...

All because two people fell in love...

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

We miss you Memaw...

When we went to cousin Jack's party, I noticed something new in the neighborhood. My grandmother, Memaw lived on FM 93 just one house down from my aunt and uncles house and two down from my cousins... and when I was driving to the party, I noticed a new gate in front of Memaw's house. I thought it was a little odd. My mom's brother, Steve lives right in front of Memaw's house and has taken the game keeper role. Ever since she died my mom has wanted to get into the house and get some stuff to remind her of her mother. Steve didn't seem to think that was very appropriate.... lame!
 
So anyways, what I am getting at is that I don't think my Memaw would have wanted her house and all her things to just rot away and I don't know who gave my Uncle Steve crown and be able to make those decisions. It definitely made me tear up then and now again to think how mean that is to just shut everyone out and take over the house. I know it makes my mom really sad too. I know life isn't fair, but really. Just seems a little crazy to me. I know Memaw is up in heaven looking over me and wishing that things were different. I know she wouldn't want her daughter being upset about losing things that mean a lot to her in the house. Just wish I could do something about it.
 
That's all I got.

No comments: