All because two people fell in love...

All because two people fell in love...

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

DEER SEASON, OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Since Austin had to work this weekend, I decided to go by myself. My parents picked me up on thier way through Georgetown. I am really glad that I decided to go; we had so much fun. Mamaw and Papaw cooked for us both nights and it was delicious! I only got to hunt once (Sunday Morning) and I was glad I went even though it was super early when we had to wake up. I think HB came to wake me and Lynnsay up around 5. For the first time that I can remember, I stayed awake in the blind during the morning hunt. I actually didn't nap all day and was EXHAUSTED by the end of the day. I feel like I am still trying to catch up on my sleep from the weekend. I cannot wait to go hunting again! Maybe I will get lucky next time.

During the morning hunt we saw 5 doe, a 3 point, an 8 point, and 2 javelinas. Once we saw the javelinas, I got the gun ready and was going to shoot. For some reason I was really nervous... I guess it was just because I hadn't shot a gun since the last time I shot a deer which was 2 years ago now.... The javelinas were both in the fence that went around the feeder and protein feeder. One decided to lay down and I was ready to take my shot..... and a miss. It was my first miss as a hunter and I was pretty sad! Oh well, next time that javelina won't be so lucky! My dad thinks I shot right over him because I was scared about hitting the fence. I'll just take that! It sounds better then just a flat out miss! All in all, we had a great time!



Belle sleeping on the way to the ranch



Mia Jo sleeping on the way


The view from the blind on Sunday morning


The Javelina my dad had killed the day before


Then the rains came


But boy did they need it!

Mia Jo napping on the way home

No comments: