All because two people fell in love...

All because two people fell in love...

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Baby Macey is here!!!!!

This past Thursday, Macey Kyle Brent graced us with her wonderful presence... We already love this little girl so much!

Wednesday night (Nov. 2) we reported to the hospital around 6pm. We got nice and settled and met our first nurses. They were great and super funny which made me relaxed; too bad they had to change shifts at 7.. oh well! Our next nurses were just as great. I got to get into my BEAUTIFUL hospital gown and get comfy for the night. They came in, checked how dialated I was (still a 1) and gave me my cervadil (spelling??) which was to soften up my cervix over night. It did it's job and I started having contractions and they lasted the entire night. This is probably ONE of the reasons I only got an hour and a half of sleep that night. All the hospital noises were the other reasons I didn't get too much sleep. They came and checked on me about every 2 hours, until about midnight. Then I didn't see anyone for a while. Apparently another woman went into labor and they were all taking care of her.....

The next morning, they came in and took the cervadil out and again checked to see if I was progressed. Unfortunately, I was still at a 1! Just a little dissapointing, but that's ok! Visitors started showing up and my contractions started getting worse. I think all the nurses loved Austin at the hospital. He knew everything about the machines and was willing to help me with anything and help them with anything too! They would tell me to turn from side to side and then come in and ask him if he helped me turn.... they were so surprised that he was so helpful. Sure made their jobs a little easier, and I know they loved that! We also had a medical student following Dr. Baylor so she decided to come talk to me around 5:30 am Thursday morning to ask if it was ok if she was in the room when I delivered! Of course I told her that was alright. She was a little iffy to me at first, but I warmed up to her and we were BFF by the time I left the hospital!

Around 10 or so,they came to check and see if there was any changes since the morning, and I was finally starting to progress and at a 3! Still going very slow and everyone figured it wouldn't be until Midnight before I had this baby!!!!! The contractions still continued and it was time to talk about pain killers! Apparently these days the epidural is way different than it used to be. They told me that I would get the shot and then I would have a tube and a button that I could push and it would give me more medicine through the tube. It used to be a shot and just wait until it wore off! I was very thankful it was different and I could get medicine whenever I wanted!!! They told me to think about it and they would come back in to check about 30 minutes later! Of course I decided I wanted it. They made everyone leave the room and here comes the pain meds! Austin was in charge of my button and he took full advantage of it! I tried to get some rest and Austin pushed the button and told me to roll over periodically. Soon, I couldn't feel anything from the waist down and it made it really hard to roll over. They came to check me once I was numb and I was still at a 3, progressing but slowly. I just got to sit and hang out and rest for the next little bit.

After what seemed like FOREVER to me and I guess the nurses too, they came in to check on me around 3:15. The nurse got this crazy look on her face and said I was at a 10 and ready to push! Everyone was in such shock that I had gone from a 3 to a 10 so fast! Macey was ready to come out and meet all these people she had been hearing talk around her all day! They called Dr. Baylor and she couldn't believe it either! They brough all the supplies they needed and got me ready to push. Since Nurse Austin had been pushing my button all day, I couldn't even feel pressure or anything going on in my lower half of my body! Which is a blessing because if it was worse then what I was feeling earlier, that could have been bad!! They were pretty painful.... I began pushing and they said it wouldn't be too long... 45 minutes or less! I think this is when the shock and anticipation started to grow!

And I forgot to mention that my sister in law Lynnsay got to be in the delivery room with Austin and I to take pictures and make it into a thing called a Birth Story. We were all concerned on how she would be since she is pregnant herself! Austin kept saying "Lynnsay, are you ok? Do you need to sit down, some water???". She kept saying she was fine! She did good and took some GREAT pictures. We are very happy to have such a wonderful person to take pictures and help us document this wonderful occasion.

Back to the pushing..... So I started pushing and about 5-10 minutes later, Dr. Baylor showed up! We were all ready to go. Again let me add, I couldn't feel a thing... absolutely nothing at all!!!! Pushing was pretty hard when you can't feel anything. But they kept saying good job so I guess I was doing something right! After about 30 minutes of pushing, Dr. Baylor and her medical student got quiet. I stopped pushing and tried to listen to what was going on. No one was really saying anything or freaking out, but I got a little nervous when they started talking about the cord. Apparently, the cord was wrapped twice around her neck and once around her body.... so scary when you think about it. Austin was calm and could tell that she was breathing, so that was a good sign that it wasn't too tight around her neck. Once they did whatever they had to do to get that situation taken care of... 4:10pm was the official birth time. I was exhausted and kinda sad that Austin got to be up close and personal with Macey while I had to lay on the bed and get cleaned up. But Lynnsay got some good pictures of these two bonding from the beginning and I was excited to get to hold her once we were both all clean!

We decided to try and feed her once the nurses and Dr. Baylor left. Of course this made the grandmas and everyone else VERY ANXIOUS! They were very ready to see this sweet bundle of joy! We were supposed to send Macey to get her bath and shots and whatever they need to do to babies that are just born, but we let everyone come in for a quick visit before we sent her off! Again, I was sad to not be in this process, but they let Lynnsay go back with Macey and Austin so she got some good pictures. One of them being Macey's first mohawk which was cute as pie!!!!

Since it was getting pretty late by this point and since we were in Round Rock, everyone had a drive back and work the next day! Everyone took turns holding her and taking pictures and then EVERYONE left!!!! I enjoyed the company all day, more than they all probably know.. but it was nice to just be a family of three!

Now for the fun part!!! Here are some of Macey's first pictures!!! Enjoy!











No comments: