All because two people fell in love...

All because two people fell in love...

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Hardest thing so far as a mom....

The hardest thing I have encountered as a mommy is the fear that my baby isn't getting enough to eat.... Breaks my heart.

We had a slight incident with Macey.. which I don't want to talk about, but if you know me, you already know... and since then every time I try to feed her she latches on for a little bit, then lets go and SCREAMS! After that she will either not latch back on at all or get back on but get off and scream not much longer. It just kills me because I feel like there is nothing I can do!

So.. this has been going on for a couple weeks now and I just don't know what else to do. I have been pumping as much as I can but I don't get a lot when I do and I didn't have any stored up therefore again, I just felt like she wasn't getting enough to eat. So as much as we didn't want to, we started on formula tonight. My plan is to pump and feed her one bottle in the morning and one at night then do formula bottles the rest of the day/night. I hope this plan works and our little girl eats more!

I think also this is why she is fussy all day. I am lucky if I get 30 minutes of her sleeping during the day so I think it was partnering with the not eating enought. I will keep you updated on if this gets any better with the formula!!!


This was after her first formula bottle tonight. It is her formula face :)



1 comment:

Mary Beth and Travis said...

Hang in there Haley May! You are doing an amazing job, and you are an incredible mommy!!! I'm so glad you have this blog so Colby and I can see pictures of sweet Macey more often. :) xoxo